OVEX Lottery Promotional Competition Rules
(Version 1.0, last updated 2019-06-04)
- The OVEX Lottery is a promotional competition ("the Competition") and is not a conventional lottery, gambling service or gambling platform.
- The OVEX Lottery is intended to promote the OVEX exchange and the OVEX brand.
- The Competition starts on 22 May 2019 at 14h30 SAST (South African Standard Time) and closes on 22 May 2020 at 14h30 SAST.
- OVEX may extend or reinstate the Competition at any time at its sole discretion and without giving notice to any OVEX exchange user.
- OVEX may cancel the Competition at the end of any draw cycle at its sole discretion and without giving notice to any OVEX exchange user. OVEX may do this regardless of the term in 3. above.
Who may enter:
For the purposes of the Competition, only active OVEX exchange users ("User/ Users") will be eligible to enter the Competition in terms of these Rules and no other person, regardless of who actually carries out the entry. Users may only enter the Competition and be eligible for a prize if they:
- are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of/to OVEX or any party related to OVEX in terms of the laws that apply to companies;
- are not a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition;
- are not a spouse, life partner, business partner or immediate family member of any person referred to in i. or ii. above;
- are not involved in the promotion of OVEX's brand or business; and
- are 18 years or older.
How to enter:
Entries to the Competition may be earned in any one of the following ways:
- signing up on the OVEX exchange at www.ovex.io (1 entry);
- a User enabling two-factor authentication in respect of their OVEX exchange account (5 entries);
- a User completing the OVEX exchange user authentication and verification process in respect of their account (1 entry);
- a User referring the OVEX exchange to a non-OVEX exchange user through the OVEX exchange referral link or code (10 entries);
- a User funding their OVEX exchange account with 0.001 Bitcoin (BTC) or its equivalent in a supported crypto asset/ cryptocurrency or fiat currency (1 entry for every 0.001 Bitcoin (BTC) funded in a single transaction);
- a User trading or transacting a minimum of 0.001 Bitcoin (BTC) or its equivalent in a supported crypto asset/ cryptocurrency or fiat currency in a single trade or transaction (1 entry for every 0.001 Bitcoin (BTC) forming part of the trade or transaction).
Award of Prizes:
- There will be weekly draws each Wednesday at 14h30 SAST.
- Users may submit their entries to the Competition through their OVEX exchange accounts before the weekly draw. Entries earned before a draw and not submitted in respect of that draw cycle may be forfeited or cancelled at OVEX's sole discretion.
- OVEX will determine the prize in respect of any winnings but does not guarantee any prize or winnings in any way whatsoever.
- Where the prize is in the form of any crypto asset/ cryptocurrency it will be credited to a User's OVEX exchange account.
- There are no restrictions in respect of how the prize or winnings may be used by winners. Winners will be randomly selected by computer from the pool of submitted entries which comply with the requirements of these Rules and match any winning numbers drawn.
- by email; or
- through any of OVEX's social media channels, including its website.
Limitation of liability:
OVEX accepts no responsibility for:
- non-submitted, forfeited or cancelled entries;
- a winner providing OVEX with incorrect details; or
- any error, omission or technical failure relating to the Competition.
- OVEX will not be liable to any User, or any third party for any harm, losses, damages, costs, claims, injuries or death in connection with their participation or entry into the Competition.
- OVEX accepts no responsibility for:
- This means Users enter the Competition at their own risk.
- By entering the Competition all Users accept and agree to abide by these Rules.
- OVEX specifically reserves the right to terminate, amend or vary the Competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw) immediately and without any notice to any User.
- These Rules are subject to South African law.